Monday, February 22, 2010

Why Fear?

Ignoring what they said, Jesus told the synagogue ruler, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.” (Mark 5:36)

Here a man has just been told that his daughter has died and Jesus tells the man, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.” Jesus then goes to the house of this synagogue ruler and brings his daughter back from the dead.

Most of our worries will never come to pass, but we still worry. We fret about the past, we worry about the future we stress over money and relationships. As we examine our lives we see these tiny hills and turn them into giant mountains. Are you fearful about the challenges that make up your life? Then why are you not on our knees, asking God to help you gain a clear perspective of the problems, and opportunities that lay ahead? When you sincerely seek God’s guidance, He can (and will) touch your heart and open your eyes, give you a new way of thinking and squash your fears.

Father, your words remind me that when I walk through the darkest of times, I don’t have to fear because you are right there with me. Your perfect love surrounds me so that I need not fear. Father, grant me the wisdom and peace to live a courageous life, a faithful life today, every day. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment