Friday, February 20, 2015

Our Refuge!

5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. 6 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defense; I shall not be moved. 7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. 8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah. 9 Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie: to be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity. 10 Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them. 11 God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God. 12 Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work. ~ Psalm 62:5-12 (King James Version)
It is so hard to trust anymore. I remember when I was young a man’s word was his bond, if a man said that he would do something he would do it, if a man made a promise he kept it. In today’s society it seems we can trust no one, our elected officials lie to us before we even vote for them, the news media has their own agenda, our friends are unfaithful to us and yes even our families will disappoint us. We have always been able to count on God, if you do not believe me read His Word. Our Father, Creator and God has ALWAYS kept His promises. Starting with Adam and Eve, "do not eat or you will die." Noah, "build the ark, I will protect you and your family." Abraham, "be faithful and I will make a nation from your seed." David, "there will be a savior from your seed." All of mankind, "have faith and your sins will be forgiven and you will have life everlasting with me."
God is indeed our REFUGE! An interesting point the meaning of the word Selah at the end of verse 8 is really unclear however some believe it to be like a liturgico (Spanish for liturgy)-musical mark or an instruction on the reading of the text, something like stop and listen. I like this idea. Stop Listen – God IS Our REFUGE. Look at what is happening in the world today with all the violence, cheating, lying, stealing, people have lost sight of whom they can trust and where their salvation comes from. “Men of low degree are vanity and men of high degree are a lie.” People of Christ understand the meaning but those who are lost think this foolish. “Trust not in oppression,” do you see oppression in the word? “Become not vain in robbery,” do you see the lying and thievery going on? We must remain on His Word and Power because it belongs to Him who Created! Our only hope is on the mercy of God and the love of Christ, He WILL render to every man according to his work… Amen. <><

No comments:

Post a Comment