Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Our Refuge

Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Selah ~ Psalm 62:8 It is so hard to trust anymore. I remember when I was young our word was our bond, if we said that we would do something we would do it, if we made a promise we kept it. In todays society it seems we can trust no one, our elected officials lie to us before we even vote for them, the news media has their own agenda, our friends are unfaithful to us and yes even our families will even disappoint us. There is on person that you can always count on, if you do not believe me read the bible. God has ALWAYS kept His promises. Starting with Adam and Eve, "do not eat or you will die." Noah, "build the arc and I will protect you and your family." Abraham, "be faithful and I will make a nation from your seed." David, "there will be a savior from your seed." All of mankind, "have faith and your sins will be forgiven and you will have life everlasting with me."

God is indeed our REFUGE! An interesting point the meaning of the word Selah at the end of this verse is really unclear however some believe it to be like a liturgico-musical mark or an instruction on the reading of the text, something like stop and listen. I like this idea... Stop Listen God IS Our REFUGE... Amen. <><

No comments:

Post a Comment