Wednesday, March 3, 2010

God loves

So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. (1 Peter 5:6-7)

I find great comfort in the last four words of this passage “he cares about you.” The creator of EVERYTHING cares about YOU! Just take a moment and meditate on those four words.

This is not the only time scripture talks about how God cares for us, in Deuteronomy 1:31, “just as a FATHER cares for his child.” Deuteronomy 11:12 “HE CARES.” Psalm 116:15, “The Lord cares deeply when his loved one dies.” Matthew 6:30, “…he will certainly care for you.” There are more, just look them up.

God cares deeply for us, this is why he sent Jesus to live among us, to suffer and die for us. We have a never-ending source of support, courage and strength in Christ. All we have to do is ask, if we become tired and weary, ask for strength he will give it to you. Find hope in God’s promises when we are at the end of our rope, in our grief look to God for comfort, remember he grieved too.

When we find ourselves overwhelmed with the demands of this life we must turn to and rely upon the promises of our creator, our loving Father in heaven that “cares about you.” When things get tuff trust in God in Heaven, as we are reminded many times through-out the Bible, God’s faithful love endures forever!

I love this quote by E. Stanly Jones, “Faith is not merely holding on to God – it is God holding on to you.”

Loving Father, I find great comfort in knowing that you care for me, personally. I know from Your word that you never leave me that You will never abandon me. Thank You for loving me, protecting and encouraging me. Father I ask for Your courage, that whatever happens this day that I remember to thank You for Your love and Your strength. I pray this in the name of my Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment