Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wait for the Lord?

I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and mire.
He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.
He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see what he has done and be amazed.
They will put their trust in the Lord. (Psalm 40:1-3)

As I prepare to leave for Cassie’s wedding I find myself reflecting back on our lives together and looking forward to many blessings God has in store for us and especially Cassie and Allen. As I reflect I can remember times of being in a pit of despair, bogged down in the mud and mire.

I was not always so patient waiting for the Lord, I can remember times of moaning and groaning and wondering why God would allow this to happen to me, my family. Wasn’t I doing enough? Was my sin so great that I deserved this to happen? Now looking back after coming through the despair, the trials, I see that God was with me (and continues to be) every step of the way, carrying me most of the time. What I learned is that He is faithful! He does hear your cry and will lift you out of despair! But you have to call on Him.

Its so easy to set back, complain and belly ache about what life has dealt you instead of looking at what God has given you and be thankful. Look around you, look around the world, if you are making more than $1.25 a week you are rich in many people’s eyes. Look at the people out of work, that could be you, if it is you look at the people out of work with nowhere to turn, no food pantry’s, no churches to turn too.

No matter how bad we think we have it there is someone out there that needs more than us. We need to be thankful for what God has given us and more importantly we need to be thankful for His Son, Jesus, who has made a provision for us to beat death and live in His kingdom (His paradise), forever, hallelujah.

Take the opportunities of life’s inevitable disappointments as opportunities to learn more about yourself, your world and most importantly you Heavenly Father.

Most caring and loving Heavenly Father, I humbly ask that you forgive me for the times I am inpatient with you. I do not know your plans Father, I do not know how it all fits together, but I am confident that you are in control. You have shown me time and time again that you are with me, that you hear my cry and you answer. You lift me out of despair, out of the mud and mire and put me on solid ground time and time again, you hold me to steady me, and you hold me to comfort me. Father, make me grateful for the blessing you have given me and not to grumble over the things I do not have. Father you know my needs and I ask that you fill those needs and show me my needs from my desires. I want to know you more Father, help me to grow each day in wisdom, in faith and most importantly in my love for you. I pray these things in the name of my Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment