Monday, September 15, 2014

Oh What Glory!

14 "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: "The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Originator of God's creation says: 15 I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish that you were cold or hot.16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, 'I'm rich; I have become wealthy, and need nothing,' and you don't know that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked, 18 I advise you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire so that you may be rich, and white clothes so that you may be dressed and your shameful nakedness not be exposed, and ointment to spread on your eyes so that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and discipline. So be committed and repent. 20 Listen! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and have dinner with him, and he with Me. 21 The victor: I will give him the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I also won the victory and sat down with My Father on His throne. Revelation 3:14-21 (Holman Christian Standard Translation)

Are you lukewarm? That is a loaded question; so many of us are and do not even realize it. So how do we know if we are and what can we do about it? These are the questions we should be asking ourselves every day. So I am going to answer these questions with question, not something I like to do however I believe here it is appropriate. First are you in God’s Word every day? Are you in prayer, constant communication with the Creator, Paul tells us in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 – Pray without ceasing. (KFV). Do you believe everything coming from the pulpit, (what your pastor preaches/teaches), or do you compare it with what God’s Word says? Are you apt to follow all the new fades and fashions? Do you listen to music with foul language and questionable subject matter? Do you watch TV shows and movies that show violence, nudity, foul language and questionable subject matter? Has nudity and foul language become commonplace to you that you do not even realize it is happening. All these things are things that cause us to become “lukewarm.”

John’s direction to write this letter to the church in Laodicea was a warning that they had become numb to Satan’s lies and his tactics. It is a warning to all people today, have we become numb to Satan’s lies and his tactics? We here in this country, the United States of America have become rich and wealthy and feel as though we need nothing. (V17) We need to realize that we are wretched in our deeds, pitiful in our laziness, poor in spirit, blind to God’s truth, and naked before our Savior. We desperately need to be in God’s Word, in His presence, before Him on our knees in prayer. We must receive our treasure from His Son our Savior, we must clothe ourselves in the white clothing of His Word, receive the ointment from His Holy Spirit to make us see His truths and recognize Satan’s lies. If we do not we will realize His rebuke and discipline, if we remain “lukewarm’ He will “vomit” us out of His mouth.

Listen… listen, Christ our Lord and Savior, our Redeemer and Brother, our King of King’s is standing at the door, knocking, pleading for us to open the door and invite Him in. If we stop and listen for His voice we will hear and He will come into our very lives and heart, He will not only have dinner with us, He will reside with us! Oh the glory we will share in His victory! The very right to sit with Him on His throne! Oh what glory to share and witness the victory He shared with His Father on His throne. Oh what Glory! Amen <><

No comments:

Post a Comment