Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Resurrection?

30 Why are we in danger every hour? 31 I affirm by the pride in you that I have in Christ Jesus our Lord: I die every day! 32 If I fought wild animals in Ephesus with only human hope, what good does that do me? If the dead are not raised, Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die. 33 Do not be deceived: "Bad company corrupts good morals." 34 Become right-minded and stop sinning, because some people are ignorant about God. I say this to your shame. 1 Corinthians 15:30-34

Have you ever hear the the Roman Soldier saying, "Lets eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we may die?" Paul is pleading with the Christians here in Corinth to stop living as the Romans do. To live as Christ in the promise of the resurrection. Here today I plead with those of us who say that we are Christian, that we love and follow Christ and still live as the Romans did, to stop and live as Christ in the promise of the resurrection! I say look around you and see the world for what it is, a place that is ruled by evil and wicked people. The only true friend you have is Christ! Turn from the world and live according to the Word of God that is Christ. We are loved and saved by His Grace, we live with the promise of life everlasting in paradise, so why do we want anything that this world has to offer?!

I too my brothers and sister are guilty of not living up to His standards, I try and fail everyday. That is the point, we must try everyday, know we are going to fail, but failure is not the point the meaning is in the effort. We are to quick to say that I am a sinner and then live up to it by living as sinners. Christ made us saints on the cross, so we must strive to live as saints. We will fail but if we do not try then we are lost. I do not know about you but I would much rather live in Christ with the promise of the resurrection as a failure, than to live as a sinner and be lost for eternity... Amen <><

No comments:

Post a Comment